I work as an Associate Professor, in the field of mathematical learning difficulties, at the University of Oslo. In our research group, Learning, Motivation, and Well-being (LeMoWe), my research focuses on the development of mathematical skills, mathematical learning difficulties, assessment of mathematical skills, and interventions. Some basic information about my education, work history, and teaching experience is listed here.
Currently, I participate in five different projects in relation to my research interests:
- (Eye) Tracking individual differences in numeracy development. Interplay between skills, motivation and well-being. (iSeeNumbers) (UiO)
- Can early intervention ameliorate mathematical difficulties in young children? (UiO)
- Students’ math motivation at lower primary level across five European countries. (UiO, UH, UB, UT, ISPA)
- The vocabulary learning challenge. How can we improve learning efficiency. (UiO)
- Books and apps: Developing an evaluation tool for e-books targeted towards children (VEBB). (US, UiO)